I finally got a chance to try my hand at silk acrobatics, this morning. I’ve been avidly searching for someone who offers lessons in Joburg, but surprisingly, for a city as big and diverse as this, there is no one. That was until I was alerted to a workshop coming up being hosted by Fusion Dance (who are actually based in Durban so this was a “once-off” opportunity) and I immediately signed up for it. This being an introductory workshop saw the participants being taught the basics of silk like how to hold, climb and do basic inverts etc. It proved very strenuous on the hands and a fair deal of strength and agility is required to execute the moves, even in the beginner stage. I had a phenomenal time and will definitely be pursuing this further.
takes a lot of arm strength to climb the silks
No comments:
Post a Comment