.

tales of a life lived in transit




Thursday, February 9, 2012

tell me something new


Can this chick get a life already! Her husband is away for 6 freakin weeks and she's ready to crumble..like WTF?! Married women I know have very full and independent lives - they go to movies, they eat out etc -  in other words they have LIVES outside of their marriages. Even bringing it closer to her, the Princesses’ Diana and Fergie HAD LIVES!
I am waiting for the day when she stops being a mannequin for high fashion and actually develops a personality. She has not spoken on issues of women or children, she has not dedicated herself to any identifiable cause, she has no opinion on British or other politics, youth unemployment, crime, violence and abuse, and basically she’s done nothing with 30 years of life, but be William’s wife. SERIOUSLY?!! Has anyone ever even heard her speak? On anything? At all?!
I am 26. I have a career. I have hobbies. I have a boyfriend. I have opinions. My CV has a list of accomplishment from both my days as a student and as a professional. Most 26 year old’s I know are the same. You tell me WTF she has done with her life all these years. She wasn’t anything notable at University. She wasn’t a member of any clubs or societies. Didn’t lead in any way at all. She wasn’t even a top academic achiever. In fact she has absolutely nothing worth mentioning about her days as a University student, other than being William’s girlfriend. In one article tracing back their relationship, it was noted that her and William used to spend endless days sitting at home watching DVD’s. This of course suited William just fine since he was trying to avoid the paparazzi, but what was her problem? Didn’t she have friends? Following on from that, most people who graduate get jobs and start making some kind of name for themselves in the world of work. They earn salaries, pay taxes, buy cars and house. All this is part of growing up. The natural progression of things, as it were. She did none of that either. Instead, with a Master’s degree in hand, she went and became a cashier at her parents’ toy shop. REALLY?!
is this all there is to life?

You’re telling me that in the shadow of their very beautiful wedding is nothing more than hollow figurine with only a smile? How grossly disappointing for a modern day royal with beauty and a degree of brains (she must to have completed a Masters), who’s been given a platform to change the world, turnaround and do nothing with it but smile and wave. What a disheartening prospect for young women who look up to her and dream of marrying Prince Charming, to have nothing to aspire to but nice clothes and holidays. What a slap in the face to their mothers who work and labour to educate them, clothe them, develop their characters, ensure they free thinking, upstanding, independent women who think more of themselves than the men on who’s arm they hang.
I’m seriously over Kate Middleton. Can life move on from her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment